Saturday, November 26, 2011

REMINDER: 2 Papers Due and ePortfolio on Dec. 2.

Dear students in Art-in-New York,

Just a reminder that your papers on David Smith and the 9/11 Memorial, both with MLA citation pages, are due on Friday, Dec. 2nd.

#David Smith was originally due on Nov. 23rd, but the class voted for the "new" deadline.

[THE ePortfolio WORKSHOP WAS CENCELED. READ HERE and HERE. We meet in E227 on Dec. 2] ePortfolio:
Please bring in two jpegs of your drawings, 600x600 to max 1200x1200 in pixel, and the sketchbook [we will draw in class]. Also digital files of your completed papers.

Extra Credit:
I read your writings from our field trip to the United Nations. They are high quality and I decided to take them as Extra Credit, but again, you need to turn in the final in order to receive your Extra Credit. Anyone can still submit this essay [for the Design with the Other 90% Cities exhibition@the UN].

More Info:
Below, you find useful resources for the papers and the final. I already discussed most of them in class, but a few students asked me for suggestions and I thought you also benefit from the extra info. One rule for the final is that you cannot interview classmates and LaGuardia students. Here are the links:

Summary of Writing Assignments from now to the end.

Tips for Two Papers.

Final Project Assignment.

NOTE: I revised the citation section of my syllabus here; students can now
cite "Web 2.0" sources as long as they follow MLA for blog posts,
Facebook comments, and tweets
.

Please email me if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment